The eighth PrintIT! Awards took place at North Print & Pack last week, where dozens of shortlisted schoolchildren attended the Harrogate show to find out who had been honoured in the annual schools scheme.
Mailing house Opus Trust Marketing has secured a 'multimillion-pound' contract to process all of energy company EDF's annual statements.
A new trade only web-to-print service aims to become a printer's "secret weapon" for outsourcing.
The management team of Belgian pre-press group De Schutter Neroc (DSN) has concluded an MBO for an undisclosed sum and is eyeing growth across the UK.
KBA has posted Q1 pre-tax losses of €18.8m (2012: - €0.4m) citing postponed orders and weak quarterly sales.
Apple Finishing has relocated to a larger base to bring all of its operations under one roof.
Digital specialist Romax is to launch a premium photobook service and is targeting dynamic growth in its established direct marketing business following the appointment of former Inc Direct director Wesley Dowding.
Colour management developer GMG has unveiled the latest upgrade to its ColorServer software.
Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) has backed a Europe-wide campaign promoting the economic and environmental pluses to the supply chain of corrugated packaging.
Pitney Bowes has sold its mailroom and document management services businesses in the UK and Ireland to Swiss Post for an undisclosed sum.
Konica Minolta showed samples of the latest output from its KM-1 B2 inkjet press at this week's North Print & Pack, and has confirmed the press will be on show at Ipex 2014.
Wyndeham Group has renewed its contract to print The Economist for a further three years.
Technotrans has launched a new dampening solution cleaning system for heatset web printers, which dispenses with the consumables usually needed for the process.
CRP Print and Packaging has worked with brewer Miller Brands UK to develop a corrugated retail beer case that expands when opened and holds ice to chill beer bottles.
Goss International has launched a "first-of-its-kind" highly automated 2x1 web offset press for the production of newspapers, books and semi-commercial publications.
Printoff Graphic Arts has secured contracts to supply print for Bolton Council and aviation supplier NetJets, with new managing director Jane Cleaver heading the firm.
Warwick Printing Company is to be the first business in the UK with a Heidelberg Speedmaster SX 102 following a £2m investment.
Deltor Communications has bought a B2 Komori Lithrone S429 with coater as part of a £2m investment to push it into short-run work.
St Ives has taken another significant step in its evolution to become a fully fledged marketing services provider with its latest major investment in the arena.
Coca-Cola is behind the biggest-ever use of HP Indigo kit for a 'personalised' promotion, involving a massive print run of 800m labels.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Digital Printer Dagmar Tara £18-22,000, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet