Bob Jenkins suddenly realised his head felt hot. Unusually hot. "It was not," he says "the sort of feeling you get with a normal headache. It was like imagining a saucepan full of simmering water, with a broken egg in it. The egg was my brain."
For some it might seem the most disastrous start to a CEO-ship possible. Day one and the new head of a large financial services company, let's call them CEO X, calls a board meeting and addresses, as one of their first priorities, the issue of who is...
Would you rather print products that you can charge a few pence for, or products you can charge a few pounds for? Not, most printers would agree, the toughest of questions. Which is why, spurred on by the advent of digital kit that can print all kind...
Manual proofing has proved a crucial component in Pixartprinting's web-to-print success
It began life as a catalogue, survived the dotcom boom - and bust - and went on to become the world's biggest web-to-print business. Jo Francis talks to Vistaprint founder and chief executive Robert Keane about 'productising' print, his dream piece o...
For many printers back in 2009, the North just wasn't the place to be. Nothing to do with the weather, the funny accent or southern printers' fear of being drunk under the table by their hardier northern counterparts, rather many just weren't convinc...
Our essential stand-by-stand guide of who's showing what at the Harrogate International Centre in May
Say the words 'performance management' to a print boss and chances are you'll be greeted by a detailed account of exactly how they have ensured productivity on their latest treasured printing machine. What they probably won't be particularly knowledg...
The ability to offer a one-stop service to your clients is a powerful incentive to bring new skills in-house, but there are costs to consider
- Sign & Digital UK: A focus on exploring fresh opportunities
- Are you prepared for the new tax timetable?
- Makeready masters race into the lead
- Cloud software in print: why blue-sky thinking isn't always best
- Digital kit developers turn up the volume
- The sky's the limit
- Fortune will favour first-movers with a personal touch
- Print switches on to intelligent design
- Label novices must learn to roll with it
- The Lazarides Gallery Master Printer Revealed
- How should sales staff be paid commission?
- Pick the best eco-tricks from other industries
- Recycling is not easy, but it's always possible
- Are your green successes rocking the main stage?
- Eco-packaging is not yesterday's news
- Improving the outlook for carbon reduction costs
- Environmental glossary
- An environmental expert will help you see the light
- Welcome to the 2013 Environment report
- Self-publishers seek printers with the write stuff to help them get published
- Client Insight: Books Printing
- Cross-media is a gamble: will you lose your shirt?
- Business inspection Reflex Labels: Doing away with the pigeonholes
- Mobile2Print: the future of print?
- The St Bride Foundation: the curators of the past set for future glory
- Join the debate at a print show that is big on innovation: Packaging Innovations 2013
- Ensure you're not fair game for claims of discrimination: hiring
- OS and them: the battle between Mac and PC
- Being tagged as a leader of the field: Scantech business inspection
- Bigger does not necessarily mean better: choosing smaller firms
- How Davids can take on Goliaths: a guide to microbusinesses
- Be sure to put some vision in your site: website design
- Drupa update: when will concept become concrete?
- Purchasing the best of both: a guide to M&As
- Mastering the art of the motor makeover: 'Challenge Jenny' vehicle wrap
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102