The HP Everyday Papers range, which is manufactured by International Paper (IP), has been certified under the EU Ecolabel scheme.
A UK company has launched an innovative family of certified biodegradable substrates aimed at backlit and window film applications, which it said were unique and comparable in price to conventional materials.
The packaging sector has questioned the wisdom of Waitrose plans to halve its packaging by 2016 to save nearly 100 tonnes of packaging annually.
Litho printer Park Lane Press has won an environmental award for using green measures inside and outside its base including waterless kit and rainwater harvesting.
Print, by its nature, has to be outward looking. Its tentacles touch so many different client sectors and its business is so reliant upon knowing those clients intimately, that there can't be many sectors with a better bird's eye view of UK industry ...
When a supplier says a material is 'recyclable', verbally or through this being noted on the product's data sheet, two things will happen. Firstly, if the printer has been keeping abreast of the debate surrounding print waste disposal, they will, qui...
Printers could be forgiven for feeling, of late, a little bit like a small child being reluctantly thrust into the limelight of a school play or circle of expectant relatives.
When it comes to decisions made in the retail sector, the consumer is king. At the merest whiff of a change in trends, the whole supply chain gears itself to meet the shift.
Why do we take polarised positions?
The latest furore over Google joining Paperless 2013 seems to have driven many people...
In-depth surveys, features and analysis on print's green effort, and why the environment remains as important as ever for the sector in 2011.
- BPIF concludes EC-funded EMAS project
- Huge blaze at paper mill
- Micropress targets growth with pre-press and building upgrades
- Intergraf calls for level playing field on EU Ecolabel
- Technotrans plans North Print & Pack launch
- Two Sides claims victory as Go Paperless campaign drops 'save trees' message
- Win an iPod with the PrintWeek environment survey
- Truffula Sustainability Guidance launched by former RHG environmental manager
- Antalis widens product portfolio
- Platinum Print eyes carbon neutral first
Product of the Week: Horizon StitchLiner 6000 Digital While inline systems might seem to have a natural advantage, this near-line challenger has charms all of its own, discovers Adam Hooker
Me & My... Foliant Gemini C400A Mike Corran, director at Colourxpress in Plymouth, tells Jon Severs how this machine answered a growing demand for an in-house laminating system
Tried & Tested: Ricoh Pro 1356EX Ricoh says this robust production system was a game-changer in terms of reliability and productivity. Simon Creasey takes a look under the hood
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK