A UK company has launched an innovative family of certified biodegradable substrates aimed at backlit and window film applications, which it said were unique and comparable in price to conventional materials.
The packaging sector has questioned the wisdom of Waitrose plans to halve its packaging by 2016 to save nearly 100 tonnes of packaging annually.
Litho printer Park Lane Press has won an environmental award for using green measures inside and outside its base including waterless kit and rainwater harvesting.
The BPIF is to compile a report on a two-year project, backed by the European Commission which aimed to encourage more SMEs to take up the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS).
Print, by its nature, has to be outward looking. Its tentacles touch so many different client sectors and its business is so reliant upon knowing those clients intimately, that there can't be many sectors with a better bird's eye view of UK industry ...
When a supplier says a material is 'recyclable', verbally or through this being noted on the product's data sheet, two things will happen. Firstly, if the printer has been keeping abreast of the debate surrounding print waste disposal, they will, qui...
Printers could be forgiven for feeling, of late, a little bit like a small child being reluctantly thrust into the limelight of a school play or circle of expectant relatives.
When it comes to decisions made in the retail sector, the consumer is king. At the merest whiff of a change in trends, the whole supply chain gears itself to meet the shift.
Why do we take polarised positions?
The latest furore over Google joining Paperless 2013 seems to have driven many people...
In-depth surveys, features and analysis on print's green effort, and why the environment remains as important as ever for the sector in 2011.
- Huge blaze at paper mill
- Micropress targets growth with pre-press and building upgrades
- Intergraf calls for level playing field on EU Ecolabel
- Technotrans plans North Print & Pack launch
- Two Sides claims victory as Go Paperless campaign drops 'save trees' message
- Win an iPod with the PrintWeek environment survey
- Truffula Sustainability Guidance launched by former RHG environmental manager
- Antalis widens product portfolio
- Platinum Print eyes carbon neutral first
- Wood trade law set to shut down illegal logging
Product of the Week: Horizon StitchLiner 6000 Digital While inline systems might seem to have a natural advantage, this near-line challenger has charms all of its own, discovers Adam Hooker
Me & My... Foliant Gemini C400A Mike Corran, director at Colourxpress in Plymouth, tells Jon Severs how this machine answered a growing demand for an in-house laminating system
Tried & Tested: Ricoh Pro 1356EX Ricoh says this robust production system was a game-changer in terms of reliability and productivity. Simon Creasey takes a look under the hood
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102