Pitney Bowes has sold its mailroom and document management services businesses in the UK and Ireland to Swiss Post for an undisclosed sum.
Warwick Printing Company is to be the first business in the UK with a Heidelberg Speedmaster SX 102 following a £2m investment.
Deltor Communications has bought a B2 Komori Lithrone S429 with coater as part of a £2m investment to push it into short-run work.
St Ives has taken another significant step in its evolution to become a fully fledged marketing services provider with its latest major investment in the arena.
Banner Managed Communication (BMC) has scooped a five-year multiservice document management and presentation service contract with Standard Bank.
Would you rather print products that you can charge a few pence for, or products you can charge a few pounds for? Not, most printers would agree, the toughest of questions. Which is why, spurred on by the advent of digital kit that can print all kind...
Bob Jenkins suddenly realised his head felt hot. Unusually hot. "It was not," he says "the sort of feeling you get with a normal headache. It was like imagining a saucepan full of simmering water, with a broken egg in it. The egg was my brain."
For some it might seem the most disastrous start to a CEO-ship possible. Day one and the new head of a large financial services company, let's call them CEO X, calls a board meeting and addresses, as one of their first priorities, the issue of who is...
It began life as a catalogue, survived the dotcom boom - and bust - and went on to become the world's biggest web-to-print business. Jo Francis talks to Vistaprint founder and chief executive Robert Keane about 'productising' print, his dream piece o...
- PPFS fires up world's largest flatbed diecutter
- Report urges gov't to improve support for micro-businesses
- MJD completes £500k expansion
- Johnston Press achieves first profit uplift for seven years
- Printing Charity to use North Print & Pack to up regional influence
- Forum targets printers with free credit control package
- Bishops Printers fires up its 70th B2 Speedmaster unit
- EFI acquires PrintLeader
- Heidelberg on track with profit plan
- EFG lending improves
Product of the Week: Horizon StitchLiner 6000 Digital While inline systems might seem to have a natural advantage, this near-line challenger has charms all of its own, discovers Adam Hooker
Tried & Tested: Ricoh Pro 1356EX Ricoh says this robust production system was a game-changer in terms of reliability and productivity. Simon Creasey takes a look under the hood
Me & My... Foliant Gemini C400A Mike Corran, director at Colourxpress in Plymouth, tells Jon Severs how this machine answered a growing demand for an in-house laminating system
Star product: NewBind Prima Smaller printer can move into PUR binding with this sub-£20k closed-tank machine
Me & my: Stehlin Hostag Quickfast Ink may not seem the most glamorous weapon in a printer's armoury, but it is after all what turns blank paper into something sellable. This means that new inks with new performance claims are worth a closer look.
Star product: EFI Jetrion 4900M and ML Digital label production line with a range of optional extras
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102