A consultative ballot of Communication Workers Union (CWU) members has resulted in a 92% yes vote in favour of the boycott of downstream access providers.
Expected decline in print revenue was cited for a 4% year-on-year decline in revenue at print group St Ives, for the four months to 31 May.
An attempt to rescue book printer MPG Printgroup has failed, and the group will now definitely go into administration.
Benford UV says it is "bucking" the sluggish export market for British-made equipment after sealing its latest overseas order.
Printing firms risk losing business by leaving customers hanging on the telephone for more than 30 seconds, a survey has revealed.
In the past commercial and wide format print businesses were very different animals. One happily dealt with those leaflets, brochures, flyers and smaller posters that would fit comfortably on their kit, while their large format counterparts down the ...
When it comes to photography, the received wisdom is that consumers rarely think big. While they will happily create a photobook full of smaller images, the thought of picking one photograph to blow up into a large canvas or poster seems to be a step...
Here's a riddle for you: what can look like molten metal, be applied to floors, and be written on and have magnets stuck to it? We'll give you a clue: not a digital billboard.
It's the fastest growing print technology at the moment, but until recently if you wanted to produce dye-sublimation prints you had to splash out tens of thousands of pounds.
- Drytac outsources distribution to Antalis
- Communisis targets £4m cost savings with Manchester closure
- Screen Europe relocates UK base
- KBA confirms first RotaJet sale while internal restructure continues
- Xeikon launches ICE toner and eyes global growth
- Heckford upgrades wide-format capability
- Goss Colorliner gets royal seal of approval at DC Thomson
- Oriel Printing boosts colour management with GMG
- Rocket eyes sustainable growth and new markets
- MPG future still unclear
Product of the Week: Horizon StitchLiner 6000 Digital While inline systems might seem to have a natural advantage, this near-line challenger has charms all of its own, discovers Adam Hooker
Tried & Tested: Ricoh Pro 1356EX Ricoh says this robust production system was a game-changer in terms of reliability and productivity. Simon Creasey takes a look under the hood
Me & My... Foliant Gemini C400A Mike Corran, director at Colourxpress in Plymouth, tells Jon Severs how this machine answered a growing demand for an in-house laminating system
Star product: HP Latex 3000 Latex quality at high speeds, promises the manufacturer
Me & my: Komori Enthrone E29 The old machine is in India and "that's where it will stay", quips Ray Thistleton, looking at his new press in south London, which is where it will stay.
Me & my: Heidelberg Diana X 80 Taking a box full of folding carton templates and taking out and replacing each one individually to inspect it with a magnifying glass, might not sound like a very arduous task. Multiply this by 30m cartons a year, however, and it starts to look a li...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK