Bodoni releases pressSign 5 multi-site
By Simon Nias Thursday, 28 June 2012
Bodoni has released pressSign 5 multi-site internet server (MSIS), its remote soft proofing tool to give brand managers, corporates and print buyers remote control over print quality.
The software can measure and control any printed job, anywhere in the world, from one to 16 colours and is compatible with all print processes. It allows the brand manager to set the standard with tolerances and scoring.
As the job is measured, the data automatically appears in the central database, where the brand manager can view all the measurements and access a full production report. The aim of the software is to enable remote proofing, saving the time and expense of on-site press passes.
PressSign 5 MSIS also features an internal chat facility to improve communication between the brand manager, client and print supplier.
Brand managers can create multi-job production reports comparing printers, presses, sites and operators, enabling them to monitor the performance of different print processes and how well various campaigns have been produced. Printers can then be allocated based on their ability to match the desired target.
Managers can use existing standards such as ISO 12647 or create their own. The software uses a colour coded scoring system to enable easy identification of print quality and give both buyer and supplier an objective quality benchmark.
PressSign comes equipped with the Pantone libraries and the ability to create custom colour libraries, which can be shared globally or with selected sites depending on the campaign.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London