Me & My... Foliant Gemini C400A
By Jon Severs Friday, 14 January 2011
Mike Corran, director at Colourxpress in Plymouth, tells Jon Severs how this machine answered a growing demand for an in-house laminating system
Describe your business
What does the machine do?
It is a fully automated laminating system.
Why did you purchase the machine?
We had been sending work out to a finishing house, but as demand for our services has risen, that it is no longer a cost-effective option.
Why did you choose this particular model?
This model is fully automated and runs well at high speed.
Did you look at any other similar machines – if so which?
We looked at the Autobond machines, but although they are very well made, the price was too much for us.
What features do you particularly like about the machine?
The full automation, the auto-stop feature – it’s a one-operator machine.
Is there anything that you dislike?
Is there anything that you wish it had that it doesn’t have?
How fast is it?
11m per minute.
How reliable is it?
We have had no problems yet.
What’s the quality like?
Would you say that it has saved you any time or money?
I would say it has saved us around £2,000 so far.
Would you say that it offers value for money?
Did the installation run to plan?
The installation was very quick and went as smoothly as it possibly could have done.
How was the pre- and after-sale service?
It was excellent, they are friendly people to work with.
Who do you think the machine is right for?
A digital printer or a medium-sized litho printer.
Based on your own experience of using it would you recommend it to somebody else?
Under what circumstances would you buy another?
If our workload increased.
Value for money 5/5
Foliant UK director Keith Shone says: "Over the past 10 years Foliant machines have been installed at many digital and litho print houses, such as Colourxpress, providing them with in-house laminating facilities at a cost-effective price. The Gemini 400GCA is one of the more popular models providing a fully automated system with vaccuum-fed auto-feed and will operate at speeds of up to 15m/min. Don’t let the colour put you off – to meet customer demand we can also supply these machines in grey. Foliant supplies a full range of laminators together with film supplies and after sales service."
Contact Foliant 0845 2607377
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Implementation Manager Harrison Scott Associates £High Package, London
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102