Easibind receives business sustainability award
By Melanie Defries Thursday, 09 August 2012
Easibind International has received a sustainability in business award from the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW).
The Derbyshire-based company won the small business category in the Finance for the Future awards, which aim to highlight financial leadership that "promotes business decisions for long-term sustainable value".
ICAEW founded the awards along with Natwest and the Prince of Wales’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S).
Derbyshire-based Easibind won recognition from judges for achieving quality and environmental management standards and for being for being proactive in the development of industry-wide standards.
It was also lauded for achieving positive results against set targets, introducing a supply chain initiative, improving its processes and reducing its carbon footprint by 40%.
The judges said: "There is strong emphasis on the sustainability agenda in all business areas which is championed by the managing director and this commitment is shared by staff.
"The business demonstrates a clear social impact with its programme of work with schools, universities and the local community."
Easibind was originally founded as a manufacturing stationer before diversifying into areas such as the production of branded products for corporate stationery, packaging, promotion and point of sale and display.
Last month the company announced it had invested in an HP Indigo 5600 digital press.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102