Impress makes £120k foray into digital print
By Melanie Defries Tuesday, 21 August 2012
Marketing communications company Impress Print has invested £120,000 in new digital kit to meet growing demand for shorter print runs.
The Corby-based company, which has 25 staff, is to install a Konica Minolta Bizhub 7000, along with a Morgana DigiFold Pro folding machine, DocuMaster Pro booklet-maker and a CardXtra cutting machine.
The investment means that the company, which was set up in 1987, can now offer a turnaround on products such as business cards or leaflets of around 24 hours in most cases.
Impress opted for the new kit, which is to arrive in September, after its existing customers began to request small digital print runs for products such as business cards. The company also hopes its new digital kit and ability to print shorter runs will help it to attract new customers that it may have had to turn down in the past.
Impress Print managing director Mike Leggett said: "The addition of our new digital press will enable us to accommodate a rising demand for small print runs and offer a quick turnaround on all digital print jobs.
"Productivity will be higher than ever before with the various integrated mechanisms and functions allowing a significant improvement in multi tasking print activities."
Impress offers a range of services including design and print, marketing and search engine optimisation (SEO). Over the past year it has expanded by taking on additional staff in its IT, marketing and design departments.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK