Pantone teams with ad agency for Jubilee-themed colour guide
By Adam Hooker Thursday, 07 June 2012
Pantone has teamed up with advertising agency Leo Burnett to launch a limited edition colour guide in celebration of the Queen's 60 years on the throne.
According to Pantone Colour Institute executive director Leatrice Eiseman, the book has been designed to "capture and commemorate some of the Queen’s most memorable colour choices".
Printed by Precision Printing in Barking, it features Pantone 12-0755 Primrose Yellow, her royal wedding outfit last year; Pantone 13-4411 Crystal Blue, a staple colour in her wardrobe; and Pantone 12-5414 Ice Green, worn during her visit to Ireland, when she was the first monarch to visit since the country gained independence in the 1920s.
Eiseman said: "The Queen’s decision to favour one colour in every outfit is a strong style statement. Monochromatic colour schemes make the wearer appear taller, delivering a more stately air – perfect given that Queen Elizabeth is not tall at 5’4’’.
"Choosing one colour theme also ensures the outfit does not detract attention from the wearer – which is particularly important if you’re the Queen."
Leo Burnett London executive creative director Justin Tindall added: "When you see footage of or read commentary about Queen Elizabeth on her official engagements, at a Royal Wedding or even watching her horse race at the Derby, there is always mention of what she’s wearing. It has been an ever-present subtext to the 60-year reign of our Monarch."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London