Opus launches digital editions of luxury books
Friday, 22 July 2011
Opus Media, producer of limited edition luxury large format books is to extend its brand into digital editions for the first time.
The company creates unique books with very limited print runs that include exclusive content from private collections that typically sell for many hundreds of pounds, and its digital editions will make this available for as little as £2.99 on iPhone and Android mobile devices.
The first opus available will be Ferrari's Prancing Horse, followed by editions on Manchester United, Arsenal, Formula 1, Major League Baseball and Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar.
Each contains 500 pages of content from the printed edition which typically runs to 850 pages weighing in at nearly 40kg.
For the future, the digital editions will also be available on Windows-based mobile and PC devices.
Opus Media Group chief executive Karl Fowler said: "Opus will continue to tell iconic stories in our own unique way but the move now allows us to make them more accessible to everyone all over the world whilst retaining the key value of content integrity that follows in every Opus project we undertake.
"There are editions in our Opus collection that have sold out, which demonstrates there is a defined and growing market for our works at the premium luxury end."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London