Killer app: Fit for the best of the best
Friday, 03 June 2011
Garnett Dickinson Print produced the match day programme for last weekend's UEFA Champions League Final between Manchester United and Barcelona. The programme was the latest in a number of high-profile football-related projects the South Yorkshire-based company has undertaken for publisher Haymarket Network, including the 2011 UEFA Europa League Final programme for the FC Porto vs SC Braga.
How was it produced? The main section of the 116-page, perfect bound programme was printed on the company’s 48-page Manroland Lithoman IV press, while the matt-coated covers and remaining sections were printed on its 16-page Manroland Rotoman.
What challenges were overcome? Suzanne Alexander, marketing manager Garnett Dickinson Print, said: "The most challenging aspect was the timescale as we had to make sure the programmes ran strictly to schedule. Because of the occasion, the quality was also vital and our Closed Loop Colour Control ensured that the colour quality was both accurate and eye catching, creating a fantastic looking final printed product."
What was the feedback? Benjamin Rosser, account director at Haymarket Network, said: "Working with Garnett Dickinson Print on high-profile products like Manchester United’s matchday programme United Review gave us the utmost confidence that they would deliver programmes for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. The positioning of the UEFA Champions League is the best of the best, meaning we must publish a programme in keeping with that. Both in terms of print and logistics, Garnett Dickinson delivered."
Have you produced a killer app? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Killer app: Courting a loyal following
- Killer app: On a roll with budget scroll
- Killer app: Digital shines on Silver stock
- Killer app: Hawthornes turns on the tap
- Killer app: Print preserves quiet scene
- Killer app: Taxi turned over to pirates
- Killer app: DIY print handbook lauded
- Newspaper filler or cereal killer?
- Killer app: CGI delivers speedy decals
- Killer App: Letterpress fanatics' promo piece is music to your eyes
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Implementation Manager Harrison Scott Associates £High Package, London
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102