Sun Chemical launches 'high visual impact' ink
By Hannah Jordan Wednesday, 05 September 2012
The UK-based ink manufacturer has produced SunLit Crystal in response to increasing demand for more vivid colours in printed materials.
The latest offering from Sun Chemical is a vegetable oil-based ink that is suitable for use on a wide range of substrates including matt and gloss coated paper, uncoated paper, paperboard and folding carton board.
SunLit Crystal, is aimed at high visual impact printed applications such as leaflets, books, calendars, magazine covers, CD/DVD inserts, greetings cards as well as non food packaging.
The product is suitable for use on both straight and perfecting presses and according to Sun Chemical is particularly efficient when fed to one or more presses though a central pumping station.
SunLit Crystal’s composition in based on between 75 and 82% organic vegetable-based renewable raw materials, depending on colour, the manufacturer claims
The product, which has been in Beta testing over the past six months is now available to buy in the UK in volumes of 1kg and 2.5kg vacuum packaging, 2kg cartridges, 200kg drums.
Bernhard Fritz, product manager sheetfed systems Europe, said its environmental credentials would be of particular benefit to print buyers, particularly for international companies.
He added: "From our ongoing R&D we know there is real demand. We are getting great interest in this ink from Latin America as well as in Asia. We’ve received great feedback from our Beta testers about its excellent lithographic performance and optical properties."
Fritz said that SunLit Crystal could help replicate in print the type quality and vivid images that are standard in electronic media.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract