Durst to launch solvent-free Metallic Silver UV Ink at Chicago's Labelexpo
By Tom Newcombe Thursday, 30 August 2012
Durst claims its new solvent-free metallic silver UV Ink for digital label printing is a world first.
The ink is aimed at a wide range of digital label and package printing decoration applications for products including beer bottles, cosmetics and wine bottles.
The company claims that with ever decreasing print runs the new ink will makes digital metallic printing and decoration more economical for short and medium orders.
Purchase price is dependent on amount ordered but Durst said that based on a 5% ink coverage of total label area, an order of 1,000 labels would cost around €1.50 per label to print.
Durst segment manager Helmuth Munter said: "There's no waste, you print exactly the area you want to decorate making the process more cost-effective."
In combination with the Tau UV inkjet label presses, it is capable of printing at speeds of between 20-30m per minute. Durst claimed the speed was well beyond what was currently available.
The new metallic silver ink is designed for use with the new Tau 330, as well as with earlier Tau models such as the Tau 150-8C.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK