X-Rite consolidates colour kit under eXact umbrella
By Tom Allsop Friday, 02 November 2012
X-Rite will consolidate its existing range of colour measurement devices into a single series, the X-Rite eXact, from 12 November.
The X-Rite eXact, which is available in three models, will replace X-Rite’s current SpectorEye, DensiEye, 500 series and 939 products.
The three eXact models include: the basic eXact Densitometer, which costs £2,621; the eXact Standard, which costs £3,605; and the eXact Advanced, which costs £4,589.
Christian Benz, product manager for X-Rite, said: "The models cover all types of users, from entry-level to the most advanced applications."
Benz added that the eXact series was the company’s fastest spectrophotometer to date, giving results in less than one second, and that all three eXact devices would be equal to X-rite’s top-of-the-range 939 series in terms of accuracy.
The Densitometer will measure colour density, whereas the standard model will also measure definition and spot colours. The advanced model allows users to store and export samples, measurements and up to eight user profiles.
Aperture sizes on all of the models range from 1.5mm to 6mm. "This is the first time a spectrophotometer will be available in the UK with an aperture of 2mm or less," added Benz.
The eXact models also include touch-screen technology, inspired by smartphones, as well as bluetooth to allow users to upload data remotely. "This is useful for bigger jobs where you may have to walk around to get a proper reading," said Benz.
Bluetooth comes as standard with the advanced model and for £85 on the Standard and Densitometer models.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK