Polestar to print new perfume magazine for River Group
By Hannah Jordan Friday, 17 August 2012
River Group has appointed Polestar to produce new in-store title Scent after it won the contract from retail chain The Perfume Store.
The publisher, which is behind Superdrug’s in-store magazine Dare, will deliver the free, quarterly title from November this year with the initial aim of supporting Christmas sales.
Polestar will print the 52pp, full-colour magazine on 54gsm stock on its Cerutti gravure press site in Sheffield.
Scent, which will also be delivered online, will have a print circulation of 300,000.
The magazine will be completely dedicated to the perfume market and will include fresh editorial content as well as repurposed stories from sister title Dare.
The Perfume Shop national advertising manager Michelle D’vaz said the company had been impressed with the sales support that Superdrug had seen since it had implemented Dare magazine and wanted to "apply a similar logic" to its business.
"The advantage of working with River is huge, they know our business intimately and their canny approach to cost efficiency makes the choice to work with them a no brainer," she added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London