Print My Pixel web-to-print business launched by packaging duo
By Hannah Jordan Thursday, 09 August 2012
Essex-based packaging consultancy Ikonik has diversified with the launch of printmypixel.com, just 16 months after opening, for customers to design and buy personalised printed products.
Print My Pixel allows users to go online, select printed products such as business cards, leaflets and posters, upload their own art work and submit their orders to be printed.
The website was launched this week by Steve and Damon Macklin, the father and son team behind Ikonik, a specialist design and print packaging consultancy which was launched in April 2011.
Ikonik designs and manages packaging orders for an already 20-strong client base from a range of industries such as pharmaceuticals, baby product manufacturers, restaurants and chocolatiers.
Run out of two small offices in Clerkenwell and Colchester both Ikonik and Print My Pixel have been self funded by the Macklin duo and Damon Macklin said both businesses were going from strength to strength.
"This is a great success story for us," he said. "We’ve had 400 hundred hits already on Print My Pixel. We fully expect to break even and begin to profit this year so we can reinvest that to market the new website."
Macklin said marketing for the site would be focussed on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
The idea for the new shopping site came from Ikonik clients requesting new letterheads and business cards, Macklin explained, so the pair decided to create a user friendly service that would serve their customers needs.
"We wanted something very client friendly and simple to use so we can drive our clients to it when they want to reorder business cards and such. It will also help to attract potential new clients to Ikonik," he added.
"It’s a very exciting time," added Macklin.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service