Intelligent Finishing Systems attracts interest at open house
By Pamela Mardle Thursday, 12 July 2012
Intelligent Finishing Systems is anticipating an influx of orders following strong interest at its recent Print and Finish London 2012 event.
The finishing systems supplier partnered with press distributor Printers Superstore for the open house at IFS’ Perivale showroom last Thursday (5 July) to showcase the latest litho and complementary finishing solutions.
Leeds-based Printers Superstore showed its 5-colour B3 Hans Grohni 525NP press for numbering and perforating for the first time at a London event, along with a range of B1 and B2 Shinohara presses manufactured also by Hans Grohni.
Printers Superstore managing director Graham Moorby said: "We have been told by our competitors that we are selling more B3 presses than anybody in the UK right now."
He attributed the low prices of the Hans Grohni presses with the huge volumes sold by the established Chinese manufacturer, along with lower labour costs in Asia.
Moorby said: "The recession has really been a bonus for us – buyers can’t be hard-nosed about their presses now.
"Many buyers come to us and say, ‘We came because of the prices, and we bought because of the quality’ – maybe that should be our strapline!"
IFS’ recent additions, the Mitamax photobook range and SCS Automaberg bookbinding and finishing solutions, first shown at Drupa, were in action at the showroom, alongside the vast range of Petratto finishing solutions.
IFS managing director Tony Hards said: "The event was well attended with lots of interest across a variety of niche systems such as the Petratto Metro to mainstream solutions like those from Horizon and Foliant.
"We were pleased to see a number of hot prospects and interested parties that we expect to be converted into sales later this year."
IFS marketing manager Catherine Carter added: "We partnered with Printers Superstore for the event to show what’s developing in the litho market and how our finishing systems can complement them.
"We had strong interest on the day with many positive leads that we hope to follow up in the near future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Image Evolution Ltd Attractive remuneration plus car or car allowance, Berkshire
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102