Rock'n'Roll wedding blog launches quarterly magazine
By Jon Severs Wednesday, 12 October 2011
One of the UK's leading wedding blogs has bucked the publishing trend and launched a print magazine extension to complement its online offering.
Rock’n’Roll Bride, which gets half a million hits and around 200,000 unique visitors per month, has been running since 2009 at www.rocknrollbride.com, but it launched its first print edition at The Designer Vintage Bridal Show in Birmingham last weekend (8-9 October).
"When I tweeted and facebooked about the idea, my existing blog readers went mad for it, emailing and tweeting me asking where they could buy a copy," said Kat Williams, Rock’n’Roll bride founder. "We even had people coming to the show just to get their hands on this first edition."
Issue one had a tentative print run of 1,000 and was given away free, but for future editions a small cover price will be charged. The aim is to mimic the collectable quality of high-end fashion magazines through high print values and Williams is confident the unique offering of the project means it can grow and find a place among the sector’s leading titles, such as Brides and Perfect Wedding.
"The sky is the limit for this project and from the response the magazine idea got online and at the show, it seems people are crying out for an alternative wedding magazine, so we're very excited about where this might take us," said Williams.
Williams is currently finalising the details for cover price, but the magazine will run quarterly. For more information see www.rocknrollbride.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK