Brian Filler promoted to Screen Europe president
By Simon Nias Monday, 07 January 2013
Dainippon Screen has announced the promotion of Brian Filler, formerly vice president of Screen Europe, to the vacant president role with immediate effect.
Filler, who joined Sceen in 1981 in sales before rising to the role of UK managing director in 2000 and European vice president in 2010, fills the position vacated by former president Kees Mulder, who replaced former president Brian Forsdike in March 2011.
"I am honoured to become President. Although these are difficult times in the industry, I am very much looking forward to the task ahead," said Filler.
"Screen is in the strong position of being able to deliver a range of high-end, high-quality and highly-engineered digital print-on-demand systems for commercial, publishing, packaging and wide-format applications.
"Our strategy is to continue to grow our market share by providing skilled solutions that companies rely on to generate profits in an increasingly diverse and competitive market."
Screen said that Filler's in-depth knowledge and management of the company, its products and pan-EMEA distribution during its evolution from a developer and supplier of imagesetters to platesetters and more recently digital print-on-demand technology had been instrumental in the company's success.
"We are very pleased that Brian Filler is leading Screen Europe," said Dainippon Screen media and precision technology president Katsuhiko Aoki in a statement. "His knowledge of the company, our technology and his strategic track record makes him the right candidate to oversee the company's future expansion across Europe."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Image Evolution Ltd Attractive remuneration plus car or car allowance, Berkshire
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102