Packaging alliance Copapharm Europe disbanded
By Simon Nias Thursday, 03 January 2013
Copapharm Europe, a 15-year-old pharmaceutical packaging alliance, has disbanded on the decision of the acting shareholders.
The decision to terminate mutual activities was announced last month and came into effect as of 31 December 2012; the company will be dissolved on 31 January 2013.
Members of the pan-European alliance include Crewe-based Medica Packaging, part of the Benson Group, as well as Tullamore, Ireland-based Zannini Ireland.
Other members included Zannini's Italian parent company Palladio Zannini and its Serbian sister company Zannini East, as well as Germany's August Faller and Spain's Cartonajes Pans and Cartonplex.
Toronto, Canada-based Bellwyck was an associate member.
In a brief joint statement, the alliance said: "The members no longer see value in acting on the pharmaceutical market as an alliance, reflecting tough economic marketing conditions. Previous member companies will continue to operate independently."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Blayze Unguem £Excellent Package & Career Opportunity, National Role, Multiple Locations
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC