SwissQPrint introduces tandem printing mode to wide-format range
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 30 October 2012
Wide-format manufacturer SwissQPrint has introduced a tandem print mode to its trio of flatbed digital printers that allows continuous production on precut substrates up to 760mm in height.
The tandem print mode, which is available on SwissQPrint's Nyala, Impala and Oryx wide-format printers, works by dividing the flatbed into a front and rear vacuum zone.
In tandem mode, each zone activates independently, allowing the operator to manually unload and load precut sheets from the inactive zone while the active zone is printing.
Once the machine has finished printing sheets at either end of the bed, the print carriage moves to the other end to print the newly-loaded sheets.
According to SwissQPrint, this feature is most effective when printing standard sizes from A4 up to A1 (600x900mm) and can cut the time taken to print 1,000 panels by up to 40%.
In standard mode, both zones work simultaneously, allowing production of large panels, up to 2.5x4m on the Oryx and Impala and up to 3.2x4m on the Nyala, or roll stocks up to 3.2m wide in roll-to-roll mode.
Tandem operation comes as standard with the Nyala and is an optional extra on the Oryx and Impala.
According to the manufacturer, production of 1,000 panels measuring 400x400mm on its Nyala printer would take 7 hours 40 minutes in standard operation but this comes down to 4 hours 50 minutes in tandem mode.
Last year signmaking and graphic arts kit supplier Spandex signed up as the exclusive UK distributor for the SwissQPrint Impala flatbed UV printer.
The Impala, which is priced at around £149,000 depending on its specification, is aimed at graphics professionals and is designed for printing on rigid and flexible materials.
It will be showcased at the forthcoming Spandex open house from 7-8 November.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London