PrintWeek Awards 2012 Newspaper Printer of the Year - Trinity Mirror Printing (Watford)
Monday, 22 October 2012
Producing five national newspapers every night equates to very demanding time pressures for production. But Trinity Mirror's excellent management of this formidable workload is testament to just why it has been named Newspaper Printer of the Year for the second year running.
The company's core business comes in the form of the Daily Mirror, which is printed in regionalised editions and with very tight time slots to meet delivery schedules for various parts of the country.
Also on Trinity Mirror's impressive roster is The Independent's tabloid spin-off i, The Racing Post and the Irish Independent on Sunday.
Judges commented that Trinity Mirror was the clear winner in this category showing, a "high level of performance all round, with fantastic colour and superb folding".
Another judge commented that Trinity won simply because it demonstrated some "really good examples of quality newspaper printing."
www.trinitymirrorprinting.co.uk 01446 701827
Sharman & Company
www.sharmanandco.co.uk 01733 424949
At first glance, some of Sharman’s portfolio, including Loud and Quiet music magazine and Love is the Law art and literature mag, might seem out of place in this category. But the Peterborough printer’s innovative use of the tabloid format makes them eligible, and the "very well printed and produced" nature of their products makes them deserving of this commendation.
- BGP Group
- Sharman & Company
- Trinity Mirror Printing (Watford)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102