PrintWeek Awards 2012 Report & Accounts Printer of the Year - Fulmar Colour
Monday, 22 October 2012
It has had to wait five years for another victory in this category, but Fulmar Colour was a clear winner this year, with judges praising its "amazing quality and execution" and ability to do "the simple things exceptionally well".
Croydon-based Fulmar, part of multinational print group CPI since 2006, submitted entries including the annual reports for Premier Oil and Big Yellow, both commissioned by design consultant Magee.
The Premier Oil report was printed on Fulmar's 12-colour Heidelberg Speedmaster SM 102 perfecting press, and the finishing was a particular challenge because a different material was used for short divider pages, which did not fall in-between sections.
Meanwhile, Fulmar was required to produce a full working machine book proof and 2,000 copies of the Big Yellow report within five working days of receiving artwork. Fulmar's entry was completed with the annual report for BBA Aviation and the Sky Annual Review.
www.pureprint.com 01825 768811
Judges praised Pureprint Group’s submission for its "great consistency across all entries", with one saying the Uckfield-based company "knows its press and pre-press capabilities and plays to its strengths". Its entry included annual reports for Compass and Anglo American, proving that it has the deserved trust of some major corporate players.
- Empress Litho
- Fulmar Colour
- Park Communications
- Pureprint Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service