PrintWeek Awards 2012 Post-press Company of the Year - AGI-Shorewood
Monday, 22 October 2012
It was AGI's adeptness at using "interesting and diverse finishing techniques to make visually appealing items", which cemented its status as Post-press Company of the Year 2012.
The printer's Assassin's Creed Revelations packaging particularly wowed the judges, with one judge even awarding full marks for this submission.
The brief for this games software packaging was to create a modern and futuristic look which would provide a contrast to the aged effect of the encyclopaedia included in the pack.
The printer rose to the challenge by proposing numerous prototypes, from which the client selected a landscape box with a tilted angle and a lenticular feature, designed to make the gamer feel as though they were being 'swallowed' into the box.
A very different, but nonetheless successfully executed brief, was for an Alvin & The Chipmunks DVD boxset pack, which featured a 3D sculptured emboss around Alvin's character.
www.agishorewood.com 020 7602 9119
The project that particularly impressed the judges here, was an invitation to the Olympics on behalf of one of its sponsors, mining company Rio Tinto. The brief was to create a box with the invitation surrounded by an Olympic stadium on one side and a mine on the other. Screaming Colour delivered the goods through the firm’s innovative use of foiling and die-cutting.
- Empress Litho
- Screaming Colou
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102