PrintWeek Awards 2012 SME of the Year - D2 Printing
Friday, 19 October 2012
A finalist in this category three years ago, D2 triumphed this year against some very tough competition, drawing praise from judges for its solid balance sheet and overall performance.
D2 has diversified from sheetfed print to offer backlit graphics and large-format digital graphics, and also hopes to branch out into packaging, gift sets, and POS materials. In addition, it is using its own print management model to "take on the print management companies".
020 8979 5544 www.d2printing.com
First 4 Print Finishing
www.first4pf.co.uk 01254 690044
First 4 Print Finishing only just fell short of securing a hat-trick of victories in the SME category. The Blackburn-based firm impressed judges by continuing to perform well in a tough sector. Over the past year, the company completed the latest stage of its investment strategy, with an £800,000 retooling programme in its stitching department.
Plastic Card Services
www.plastic-card-services.co.uk 01625 504000
Plastic Card Services is commended in this category for the second year running and continues to improve profits by targeting a niche market. Turnover grew 40% in the Macclesfield-based company’s latest financial year and judges said that "if it maintains its sustainable growth strategy, there’s no doubt that it will be the company to beat next year".
- AJS Labels
- D2 Printing
- First 4 Print Finishing
- Headley Brothers Digital
- Plastic Card ServicesRhapsody
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK