Printweek Awards 2012 Company of the Year - Real Digital International
Friday, 19 October 2012
It's fitting that the flagship category in the PrintWeek Awards was perhaps the most hotly contested, but Real Digital International got the judges' vote thanks to a sterling year in which profits soared, continuing an impressive turnaround from losses in its early days after a huge up-front investment in kit. The Croydon digital specialist was founded in 2005 and is privately owned by 12 employees and directors.
It was formed with the ambitious plan to be the first company to capitalise on the full-colour transpromo market before it had even been dubbed transpromo, and has grown to employ 130 staff, who are all enrolled in a profit-sharing scheme. Pure and simple, its triumph demonstrates the benefits of pursuing a "bold business plan in a niche area", according to judges.
www.buxtonpress.com 01298 212000
Buxton Press was very close to repeating its triumphs in this category in 2011 and 2009. Judges praised its solid balance sheet and improvement in turnover and net profit. The company also approved a £7m spend on two eight-colour Heidelberg XL 106 perfectors earlier this year as it faced up to challenges in the magazine print sector.
Stephens & George Print Group
www.stephensandgeorge.co.uk 01685 388888
The magazine and commercial printer, based in Merthyr Tydfil, was also a finalist in the Company of the Year category last year, but is highly commended in 2012, its centenary year, for boosting profits while continuing to invest in new kit and technology; it spent more than £14m from 2008 to 2012.
- APS Group
- Buxton Press
- Eclipse Colour
- Real Digital International
- Stephens & George
- Print Group
- York Mailing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Digital Printer Dagmar Tara £18-22,000, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet