Labelgraphics boosts production capacity with £7.5m investment
By Tim Sheahan Wednesday, 17 October 2012
Labelgraphics has boosted its production capacity by more than 60% after moving into its new facility, marking the culmination of a £7.5m investment programme.
The Glasgow-based wine and spirit label manufacturer has recently moved into the Clydebank Business Park 4,646sqm site, representing a marked increase in production space from the 2,787sqm its previous facility offered.
Labelgraphics managing director Alex Mulvenny said in addition to increased production capacity, the company has also purchased enough land to expand by a further 3,716sqm when required.
He said: "This effectively future proofs our position within Clydebank and signals our confidence in the potential for further significant growth.
"The relocation has already enabled us to add a further 20 staff to our payroll, which now numbers 100 employees, and we have invested significantly in new capital equipment which allows us to offer our customers innovative, high quality labelling solutions unavailable elsewhere in the UK."
Among the capital equipment investments carried out by £14m-turnover Labelgraphics include a 10c-colour Gallus EMS 510 flexo press and a 12-colour Gallus RCS 430 combination press.
Labelgraphics, which has a client base that includes Johnnie Walker, Chivas Regal, Ballantine’s and Jacob’s Creek, was acquired by US-based Multi-Color Corporation (MCC) in March.
Cincinnati, Ohio-based MCC has annual turnover of around $650m (£402m) operating nearly 30 facilities across the Americas, Australasia, Europe and China.
Mulvenny added: "This significant investment and expansion consolidates Labelgraphics’ position as the largest company in the UK operating in the wines and spirits labelling sector.
"Our strategy is to progress to bigger and better things as part of the Multi-Color Group, the biggest wines and spirits labelling company in the world."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK