Océ unveils CM2 inkset in new Arizona 480 printers
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 16 October 2012
Océ has unveiled the latest additions to its Arizona range of UV flatbed and roll-to-roll printers, which offer increased cyan and magenta capacity.
The Arizona 480 GT and 480 XT machines, which are available now, offer table bed sizes of 1.25m x 2.5m and 2.5 x 3.05m respectively.
Both models come equipped with eight independent ink channels, a setup the manufacturer claims to combine the ability to print quality output at speed.
The first four ink channels are configured for CMYK production while the fifth and sixth channels can be used to print a varnish and white or to lay down a double white layer.
This feature doubles the opacity of the white ink layer in a single pass, which is suitable for the production of backlit and industrial applications.
Océ has assigned channels seven and eight for cyan and magenta output, a setup it has named CM2.
According to the manufacturer, this additional nozzle capacity enables the 480 GT and 480 XT models to print in a production mode that offers similar output levels to high quality modes in the Arizona range.
Equally, the production mode is nearly 25% faster than the same mode on models such as the Arizona 360GT that can print at 22.2sqm an hour in production operation.
Océ UK business group director Dominic Fahy said the new features enabled customers to print in high quality production at speed "without compromise".
He said: "The new Arizona 480 models are extremle capable machines. Offering print speeds up to 25.3sqm an hour and support for a diverse range of substrates, they could very well prove to be the most popular Arizona's we've ever introduced.
"The ability to print with the extra cyan and magenta capacity as well as white and varnish makes for a very attractive product offering."
The Arizona 480 models are avaialble with prices starting from £120,000 for the GT machine and £145,000 for the larger XT configuration.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Blayze Unguem £Excellent Package & Career Opportunity, National Role, Multiple Locations
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC