Stephens & George extends Haymarket printing contract
By Darryl Danielli Friday, 12 October 2012
Stephens & George Print Group (S&G) has secured a two-year, £3m extension to its three-year deal with Haymarket Media Group to produce the publisher's weekly, biweekly and monthly sheetfed titles.
"We’ve been delighted with the service and production excellence offered by S&G," said Haymarket head of production Gary Charlton.
"Equally it’s important for us to guarantee stability of supply and price structure, for both us and our print partners, and this extension is a sign of good faith as reward for the work S&G has done for us over the past two years."
The contract encompasses PrintWeek and another 12 titles as well as a number of supplements and specials for Haymarket’s broader portfolio of B2B, customer and consumer brands on an ad-hoc basis.
"We’re absolutely delighted," said S&G managing director Andrew Jones. "It gives stability and helps us to ensure we can continue to invest in Merthyr Tydfil. Our working relationship with Haymarket continues to grow to the benefit of both parties."
As part of the initial deal, as well as printing Haymarket’s sheetfed titles the Welsh magazine printer secured preferred supplier status for ad-hoc work, which this year included the production of the official programmes for the Olympic and Paralympics opening and closing ceremonies as well as the Olympic sailing programmes.
The contract rounds off a hectic year for S&G, which installed two Drupa-launched Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 106s, an eight-colour in May and five-colour plus coater cover press that completed commissioning this month (1 October). The 220-staff, fourth-generation family-owned business also celebrated its centenary with the launch of a charitable trust earlier this year.
Separately, Wyndeham and Polestar remain Haymarket’s primary web suppliers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract