Unibind MD Keoshgerian becomes sole shareholder
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 11 October 2012
Unibind managing director Tsol Keoshgerian has become the sole shareholder of the Horsham-based binding manufacturer and has targeted future growth outside its core manufacturing business.
Keoshgerian completed a deal to purchase a 51% stake for €1.9m (£1.53m) from Belgian firm Peleman Industries on 23 September.
According to Keoshgerian, the acquisition will enable Unibind to continue product development by centralising its production facilities and broaden its service offering.
He said the company will eventually be rebranded as Unibind Digital, after a successfully trial period offering fulfilment services under the name online.
"This successful share purchase is a major milestone in the history of Unibind and signals the beginning of an exciting new era for all our staff and customers," he said.
Among the new machines launched by Unibind is the Casemaker 650M, which Keoshgerian expects to compete in the manual case making market with a £10,000 price point.
The share deal is the latest development at the binding equipment manufacturer, which has diversified into the production photobook, yearbook and high-end presentation collateral.
This has been carried out through its partnership with The Printed Word, a local print business that Unibind has had a 25% stake in for the past two years.
Employing 17 staff, the litho and digital printer has recently moved into the Unibind Graylands Estate premises in Horsham.
He said: "We are now joined at the hip. Our Unibind manufacturing business is very much our core offering but expansion into fulfilment is very much part of the future.
"This includes the development of a software package in conjunction with Infigo, which enables schools to design their own yearbooks that we can print and finish for them."
Unibind has a turnover and with The Printed Word, employs a total of 52 staff.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102