BMC secures multi-million pound contract with Friends Life
By Hannah Jordan Monday, 08 October 2012
Banner Managed Communication has signed a three-year deal to provide marketing print and warehousing services for pension provider Friends Life.
The contract, which was won from incumbent Williams Lea after a competitive tender process, is rumoured to be a multi-million pound deal per year of its duration.
Effective from this month the company will provide marketing print services, business stationery and direct mail fulfilment as well as warehousing and distribution services for the pension provider.
An account management team will be deployed to Friends Life’s Bristol and Salisbury sites to support their marketing operations while the BMC will also have involvement in print buying activities for the pension company’s Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Germany offices.
The contract has been described as a streamlining of operations at Friends Life following the acquisitions over the past two years, by parent company Resolution UK, of majority stakes in Axa's UK life assurance businesses and Bupa Health Assurance.
Commenting on BMC’s latest win managing director Catherine Burke said: "We look forward to building a close strategic business partnership with Friends Life and we’re confident that the benefits of a more efficient and integrated way of working will be felt throughout the organisation."
It is the latest in a string of major contract wins for BMC with the firm winning a three-year print management contract with Carphone Warehouse earlier this year followed by a £10m deal with Hastings Direct.
Friends Life head of marketing services Karen Burrell said: "We have put an enormous amount of time and effort into selecting the right long-term partner for these business-critical activities.
As well as a proven track record of managing large-scale print projects, it was essential that our chosen supplier could demonstrate a deep understanding of our business and market."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract