1st Byte Print uses HP Indigo 7600 to good effect
By Tim Sheahan Friday, 05 October 2012
1st Byte Print has diversified into metallised and spot UV varnish production following the installation of its new HP Indigo 7600, which it signed for at Drupa.
The London-based print business, which employs 40-staff, has used the new machine to replace one of its three existing 5000 Indigo presses and boosted productivity in the process.
Since installation, the commercial print firm has utilised the Indigo ElectroInk Transparent to create layered, tactile effects on prints as well as embossed, raised images.
1st Byte Print managing director Lawrence Dalton said the company's creative services department has used the press to give metallised substrates a "powerful impact".
"We've even created a sample that replicates the appearance and texture of full-grain leather," he added.
According to Dalton, the addition of the Indigo 7600 press, which can print up to 120ppm in standard configuration "is like having an extra machine".
He said: "The new on-press enhancements are already proving popular with our customers who can enjoy special effects without having to wait the extra time for them to be created in separate processes."
The installation of the Indigo 7600 marks the latest stage of the £4m turnover company's investment programme, following on from the addition of the UK's first Newbind Pioneer PUR binder with end sheet lifting earlier this year.
In addition to its Indigo 7600 spend Dalton used his visit to Drupa in May to sign a letter of intent for a B2 Landa digital press.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK