Color Confidence launches FFEI's RealVue 3D Packager in UK
By Tim Sheahan Friday, 05 October 2012
Color Confidence has received "fantastic" feedback from visitors to the Packaging Innovations event, following the launch of FFEI's RealVue 3D Packager tool.
The software supplier, which was appointed the exclusive UK and pan-European distributor for RealVue 3D earlier this year, has used the London event to exhibit the software package in the UK for the first time.
RealVue 3D Packager, which is a plug-in tool for Adobe Illustrator, is being pitched at graphic designers, creative studios and brand owners as a low-cost alternative to market leader EskoArtwork’s suite of software tools.
Ashley Bowman, technical specialist at Color Confidence said the ability to produce clear, 3D packaging proofs in a short timescale had impressed visitors to the show.
"We've had interest from brand owners and design agencies to packaging businesses and freelance designers, which has been encouraging to see," he said.
Bowman added: "There has been a marked increase in interest in 3D visualisation tools thanks to the quick and cost-effective route they offer to packaging proofing."
The software can be used to simulate reflections, embossing and other material and print effects while artwork and print finish effects can be applied to both sides of the material.
Other features include the ability to see folding sequences while notes for client signoff can be added to any surface of the design.
Pricing for RealVue 3D Packager starts at £3,500 for the first site licence with Color Confidence exhibiting Version 1.2 during the two-day event.
Version 1.2 rapidly converts 2D artwork and cutter guides from Adobe Illustrator into high quality 3D visuals that can be delivered to customers in a fully interactive portable format.
During Packaging Innovations London, Bowman showcased a medical packaging mock-up on stand, which started as a flat sheet on screen before folds and finishes were added before the 3D animation showed the transformation to the complete end product.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102