Bournemouth software upgrade allows 3D proofing
By Gordon Carson Friday, 21 September 2012
Bournemouth Colour Press has installed Fujifilm's XMF Workflow v5, which was launched at Drupa in May.
The commercial printer, which mainly serves the South coast and London, was attracted by XMF’s 3D proofing feature, according to pre-press manager Jason Fleischer.
This allows the company to generate 3D previews for customers, providing them with a "visual idea of how their orders are going to turn out".
Along with the workflow, which replaces an Agfa ApogeeX system, Bournemouth has started using Fujifilm’s new Brillia HD PRO-T3 processless printing plates.
Fleischer said both new products were easy to use, and the Brillia also enabled the company to improve productivity by eliminating the processor.
Bournemouth Colour Press recently traded in its four-year old Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 75 press for a new five-colour model, adding a coating unit.
The firm, which was established in 1994 and now employs around 30 people, produces a wide range of print, including brochures, magazines and folders.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Implementation Manager Harrison Scott Associates £High Package, London
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102