Eclipse completes 4DM acquisition three years ahead of plan
By Simon Nias Tuesday, 18 September 2012
Eclipse Colour has acquired the remaining shares of 4DM, completing the buyout of founders Charles Grant-Salmon and Les Ritchie it began in February 2011 with the purchase of an initial 10% stake.
The deal brings to a conclusion what was initially billed as a five-year staged buyout more than three years ahead of schedule, which Eclipse said demonstrated the "incredible success" of the marriage.
Eclipse managing director Simon Moore said the deal had accelerated the process of evolving the business into a leading marketing services provider and that the group's "vision and ambition" remained unchanged.
"This deal has brought forward that thought process and I'd like to congratulate Charles and his team for their support and dedication taking 4DM to where it is today," he added.
Chairman and chief executive of 4DM Grant-Salmon and technical director Ritchie will leave the business following the sale of their shareholding leaving Moore in overall control.
"It was clear from the outset that this was a great opportunity for Eclipse Colour and 4DM to broaden their services and offer clients a more comprehensive package," said Grant-Salmon.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed my 15 years at the helm and look forward to further success for everyone concerned with Eclipse Colour and 4DM with the knowledge that is going to a very safe pair of hands."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service