Duff & Phelps confirmed as admins for all Alderson Group companies
By Simon Nias Tuesday, 18 September 2012
ABP Web administrators Duff & Phelps have been confirmed as the administrators for the remaining four Alderson Print Group companies.
A statement from the Molesey-based group last Friday confirmed that Alderson Brothers Printers, Alderson Digital London, Alderson Point of Sale, and Don Dawson PLC were all placed in administration on 14 September.
Joint administrators to ABP Web John Whitfield, Benjamin Wiles and Paul Clark have been unavailable for comment since their appointment on 31 August and it was initially unclear whether they had also been appointed to the other four trading companies.
However, an out of office email from one of Alderson's senior managers confirmed the appointment of Whitfield, Wiles and Clark to all five group companies.
The automated email included the following statement: "John Whitfield, Benjamin Wiles and Paul Clark were appointed Joint Administrators of Alderson Brothers Printers Limited, Don Dawson Plc, Alderson Point of Sale Limited and Alderson Digital London Limited on 14 September 2012 and were also appointed Joint Administrators of ABP Web Plc on 31 August 2012.
"Alderson Brothers Printers Limited, Don Dawson Plc, Alderson Point of Sale Limited and Alderson Digital London Limited are continuing to trade under the Joint Administrators supervision. The Joint Administrators act as agents for the Companies and without personal liability. They are all licensed by the Insolvency Practitioners Association."
PrintWeek expects to receive an official statement from the joint administrators later today.
A new company, HC 1194, incorporated on 5 September by Alderson Print Group chief commercial officer Tim Delahay, which also lists APG chief executive Amanda Syson as a director, is understood not to have any connection with APG, its assets or its subsidiaries.
The comment thread on this article has been closed and all comments removed following a number of posts being made by members using inappropriate pseudonyms on recent articles regarding Aldersons.Tweet
- Alderson creditors owed over £5m following collapse
- Trading status of remaining Aldersons companies unclear
- Alderson brothers: no phoenixes from APG
- Administrators in at all Alderson Group trading divisions
- ABP's rollercoaster ride is now reaching its conclusion
- Alderson situation uncertain as group comes under fire
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service