Pureprint launches new environmental printing initiative
By Tom Newcombe Monday, 03 September 2012
Pureprint Group aims to cut paper waste by increasing its digital print production through the launch of its 'Gold Carbon Neutral' publication service.
The group says it currently has a 24% waste rate on paper within its litho operation but only 8% waste from digital.
Pureprint Group director Richard Owers said as a result, it would be placing a greater emphasis on digital as "ultimately digital printing only prints what you want".
The company has just launched its "Pureprint Gold" publication service as part of its EMAS objectives. This initiative enables customers to take responsibility for the carbon emissions created by the production of their printed publications.
It works by calculating the carbon footprint of a publication including paper manufacturing, paper delivery, print production and final distribution using a specially adapted carbon footprint calculator.
Pureprint then organises the necessary investment in carbon offset projects to make it carbon neutral.
After they printed 40 of the FTSE 100 company reports in 2011, the group experienced a demand from customers to implement more environmental objectives.
Owers said: "Our customers have shown a strong desire to look for green ideas and sustainability models.
"We feel we have a moral responsibility as well as looking for financial benefits from being more environmentally responsible."
Other future environmental targets are to review and improve the staff sustainability and education programme. Continue to divert a minimum of 99% dry waste from landfill and also review suppliers’ environmental management procedures and favour the most sustainable solutions through the procurement process.
In 2010 Pureprint Group were awarded graduate status by the Forest and Trade network group, the first printer in the UK to achieve this award.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London