Cewe Colour bolsters digital firepower with HP Indigo investments
By Tim Sheahan Friday, 31 August 2012
Photobook business Cewe Color has installed two new HP Indigo presses, a web-fed W7250 and a 7600 to bolster its digital print offer.
The machines, which were signed for at Drupa, have been installed at its Oldenburg headquarters in Germany while a second W7250 is set for commission next year.
Operating in 24 countries, the group said its latest investments fulfil its need for "fast and reliable" technology when producing photobooks, calendars and greetings cards.
Cewe Color managing director Dr. Michael Fries said it was important for the group to stay up to date with the latest digital print technology.
He said: "Digital print technology is indispensable for our business and it is very important for us to provide our customers with the latest innovations on the market.
"For the large volume of tailor-made photo applications we produce every day, we require presses which are fast and reliable. The HP Indigo W7250 Digital Press provides us with high-volume production and short-run jobs in offset quality."
According to Fries, one of the key applications its Indigo presses will be used for is its successful photobook offering with more than 5m personalised books printed last year.
"We can now offer a large variety of applications using digital and offset to meet the special needs of our customers. I am sure that our subsidiary companies, Viaprinto and Saxoprint, will benefit greatly from the investment as well," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service