Arjowiggins Graphic launches 'first' 100% recycled label stock for packaging paper market
By Tom Newcombe Friday, 31 August 2012
Arjowiggins Graphic (AG) claims its new product is the first ever 100% recycled label stock for the packaging paper market.
Maine 1 Face Natural has been designed in response to growing customer demand for companies wanting to demonstrate their sustainability credentials.
According to the manufacturer, the main markets targeted are the food and beverage sectors such as soft packaging for coffee, cigarettes and chocolate. It is designed for high-speed labelling and packaging and is compatible with all types of adhesive.
According to AG there are a number of benefits for people who use recyclable paper, and being seen to be green is a key policy for most businesses at the moment.
The company claims Maine 1 Face Natural uses 100% less wood, 60% less energy, 50% less water and creates 30% less CO2 emissions compared to virgin fibre label products.
The label is created using de-inked pulp and manufactured at its site in Le Bourray France.
Julian Long, national key account manager at AG said there is typically a 10% premium on 100% recycled label paper products compared to similar virgin fibre alternatives.
"It must be remembered that the label is often a relatively small part of the overall packaging cost, so the premium for using a recycled label paper becomes really quite small," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Account Manager - Berkshire - £30-35k PrintMatch £30-35k, Berkshire
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC