Alderson Print Group to start redundancy programme next week
By Tim Sheahan Wednesday, 29 August 2012
The Alderson Print Group has said it expects to start making up to 90 of its staff redundant as early as next week.
The Molesey-based business last week confirmed that it had sworn the intent to place its ABP Web production subsidiary into administration.
It is now likely that the redundancy programme for staff employed in the web division will go ahead in early September
Amanda Syson, chief executive of the Alderson Group said it was "left with no other choice" but to start the administration process for the web subsidiary.
"Staff have been paid until the end of the month but owing to the extremely difficult situation we've been placed in, we will have to start informing staff about their futures to prevent them from coming in and risk not getting paid," she added.
The group said, if required, it will use its trusted print partners to carry out its web production work for clients while its other divisions including sheetfed, POS and digital continue to trade well.
Last week Alderson Print Group co-founder Ron Alderson said the need to commence the administration of ABP Web was "the saddest day" of his career following 50 years of successful trading in Surrey.
Alderson said: "It is heart-breaking to have to tell staff that they no longer have a job. It gives me some comfort to know that due to the immediate action taken we are able to pay our staff, who have risked everything to help the company against this unnecessary and destructive action from Barclays.
"The actions of Barclays Bank have been nothing short of immoral and unethical. They do not care about the livelihoods of the people who work here."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Estimator - East Midlands Blayze Unguem £Negotiable salary depending on ability, plus excellent benefits package, East Midlands
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC