Alexir Partnership to create 25 new jobs following record sales
By Melanie Defries Tuesday, 14 August 2012
The food packaging and carton manufacturer hopes the recruitment drive, which marks record end-of year sales of £23m, will increase capacity by 25%.
The Edenbridge-based company, which plans to boost its headcount across both its carton and contract packing sites, has already recruited former Chesapeake account manager Damion Berry as sales manager for the north of England and promoted existing manager Graham Westcott to the position of northern sales director.
Alexir moved to its current premises in Kent after the loss of its Crawley factory to a fire in 2010. Just ten weeks after the fire the company was fully operational, which it attributed to a "phenomenal" response from staff and suppliers.
UK sales director Tom Sene said: "To say we had a tough start in 2011 is an understatement after the packaging plant burnt down. However, we are able to achieve record sales thanks to the dedication of our staff and the loyalty of our customers who all stayed with us.
"We have also managed to secure contracts with a number of major brands over the past year and increased our presence in the north of the country with the appointment of Graham, who has been with us a year, and Damion, who started in his new post at the beginning of August.
"We now plan to increase capacity by employing more staff, which will also enable us to reduce our lead times."
Sene added that the company also plans to invest in new kit but would not give any further details.
Alexir Partnership offers a "design to delivery" service and is able to provide design, sourcing, packaging and contract packing solutions inhouse.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London