BSS invests £200,000 following contract wins
By Simon Nias Thursday, 09 August 2012
BSS has bought an array of folding and wrapping equipment following a string of client wins, including one of Scotland's "leading broadsheet Sunday newspapers".
BSS spent £200,000 on a high-speed folding machine from Thorsted and three Norpak automated polywrap lines following the contract wins.
The equipment has been installed at BSS' Glasgow facility, which now employs more than 60 people and offers digital print, automated mail sort and enclosing services.
Dani Muir, sales and marketing director at BSS, said: "Not only have we invested in technology to strengthen our capabilities, we also have a dedicated team working from 10pm on Saturdays to 5am Sundays to ensure that the distribution of the Sunday newspaper is seamless.
"Our partnership ethos of working with clients gives them the confidence that we are flexible and that our solutions are designed to deliver effective results for them."
Other new clients picked up by the not-for-profit organisation include the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) and the weekly Herald & Times Group publication Scottish Farmer.
Susan Smith of the SCVO said: "Third Force News is the only dedicated weekly newspaper for the Scottish charity sector and is an integral part of our communications strategy. It was therefore vital that we found an organisation that understood our needs and delivered a robust cost effective solution.
"BSS impressed us from the outset. They exceeded our expectations and the investment in new technology demonstrates BSS' commitment to delivering state of the art solutions to secure effective results for clients."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Image Evolution Ltd Attractive remuneration plus car or car allowance, Berkshire
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet