Circle Services invests £1.5m in company expansion
By Pamela Mardle Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Chelmsford-based Redlin Print has relocated to Circle Services site in Southend following its £1.3m takeover by the Essex-based printer earlier this year.
Circle Services bought a 100% shareholding in Redlin Print in April, gaining 35 staff along with a replacement Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 six-colour with coater.
Circle Services and Redlin Print managing directors Martyn Austin and Nick Faint have worked closely for a number of years and the plan to merge had been in place for some time.
Circle Services said the union aimed to create a "hi-tech, one-stop print shop". Faint has continued to work with Redlin's clients during the handover while also serving as managing director of his new business improvement consultancy, Opportuna, which was launched in April.
Circle Services, which celebrates it 60th anniversary this year, also recently added a Heidelberg Speedmaster 102 and a Xerox iGen4 digital press to boost its personalisation service, taking the total investment to nearly £1.5m with the purchase of Redlin Print and its assets.
Basildon-based print company PDS Print and Design also joined the Circle Services Group in July, contributing three extra employees to Circle's Southend premises.
Circle Services entered an agreement with PDS to produce its printed work while its staff, led by former PDS managing director Trevor Parrett, now group sales director at Circle, handled existing PDS sales and promoted growth.
Director Claire Austin, daughter of Martyn, said: "It is imperative in this competitive financial climate that we expand – in both geography and technology – in order to keep up with the industry and market.
However, she said that the company would not be extending its site or moving premises to accommodate the 63 members of staff.
She added: "The new look Circle Services can now be even more competitive, offering excellent services and better prices for our clients.
"With everything done completely in-house, we’re able to deliver the best possible service."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102