Arjowiggins balances UK waste and paper production
By Pamela Mardle Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Arjowiggins Graphics has committed to sourcing the equivalent amount of UK waste paper that it takes to produce recycled paper for the UK market.
The company expects that the intake and output of paper at its Greenfield Mill in France will be balanced by the end of 2012.
The initiative is part of Arjowiggins commitment to reduce its carbon emissions by 23% by 2014, with a sub-target of 10% per tonne of paper produced.
Arjowiggins president Agnes Rogers said: "As already 15 to 25% of the waste paper used in the entire production process at our Greenfield mill is sourced from the UK, it was a natural step for us to guarantee to our customers that for all the recycled content of our papers sold in the UK we are sourcing its waste paper equivalent volume from the UK.
"This means that we will be limiting the impact of our papers on landfill, something that is especially high on the sustainability agenda in the UK."
The paper manufacturer is also ensuring that its delivery trucks are fully loaded with used paper for the return journey from the UK to France, further cutting its carbon emissions.
Arjowiggins joined WWF’s Climate Savers programme in March, which installed an individual reduction carbon reduction target, and has rated Arjowiggins papers as good or excellent.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102