Southernprint to produce Hello Kitty magazine for Egmont
By Hannah Jordan Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Egmont Publishing Group has signed a deal with Wyndeham Group subsidiary Southernprint after it won the first UK publishing contract for Hello Kitty magazine.
The UK-based specialist children’s book and magazine publisher already publishes Hello Kitty magazine in 13 regions with the new UK contract bringing the total to 14.
The monthly, 36pp magazine, which follows the adventures of the iconic Japanese Hello Kitty character, will launch in major high street supermarkets on 8 August retailing at £2.99.
Hello Kitty magazine will be saddle stitched, printed with 4-colour art work throughout and feature a high-gloss finish cover. Egmont declined to divulge the size of print run but said that it had "invested in copy and increased distribution".
There is currently no website dedicated to the magazine.
Egmont Publishing Group director of magazines Debbie Cook said the company was pleased to be expanding its work with Hello Kitty brand owner, Sanrio.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London