Finishing equipment manufacturer MB insolvent
By Simon Nias Friday, 27 July 2012
Mathias Bauerle (MB), the German automated folding and inserting systems manufacturer, has filed for bankruptcy protection.
According to local media reports, Martin Mucha, an insolvency specialist with Stuttgart law firm Grub Brugger, was appointed provisional liquidator to MB on Monday (23 July).
The management of the 150-staff firm, which had a turnover of €14m in 2011, are said to believe in a possible restoration and blamed MB's insolvency on sluggish order intake in recent months.
This in turn was attributed to customers holding off on investment in the quarter leading up to Drupa - a phenomenon that Heidelberg also highlighted in its recent first quarter results.
Since then orders are said to have stabilised, giving hope for the continuation of the company post insolvency. MB was founded in 1863 and has been involved in the development and production of print finishing equipment for more than 50 years.
MB's UK distributor is Encore Machinery.
More to follow...Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London