MPG Books Group confirms £4m equipment spend
By Hannah Jordan Monday, 23 July 2012
Bodmin-headquartered MPG's capital investment programme includes a Timsons' T-Print System and an HP B2 Indigo 10000, both destined for MPG Biddles.
The book and journal printer signed agreements for the equipment with HP and Timsons at Drupa 2012 and is now set to take delivery of them at Biddles' Kings Lynn plant.
MPG chief executive Tony Chard said the latest investment would enhance the group’s manufacturing base whilst giving competitive advantage within its core makets.
He added: The support from clients has been overwhelming and allows the group to continue to develop its strategic offering.
"We continue to observe market conditions with interest and, if the right opportunity presents itself we will consider further acquisitions in both the book and journal sectors."
Last month MPG concluded a deal that saw it take over Cambridge University Press's (CUP) European mono, two and four-colour book and journal manufacturing from 2 July.
Under the agreement around 55 staff at CUP’s print arm Cambridge Printing Service will transfer to MPG under TUPE regulations while around 14 will take redundancy or be redeployed within the firm. MPG will take over a new factory from March 2013 from where it will continue to run the operation. Tweet
- Cashflow crisis hits MPG
- Rebranded MPG Printgroup prepares for Indigo 10000 arrival
- MPG staff in consultation ahead of litho relocation
- Lightning Source invests in high-speed colour inkjet
- MPG plans multi-million pound spend following CUP deal
- UPDATE: MPG to take over Cambridge University Press print work
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK