Berforts Information Press acquires BPC Digital
By Melanie Defries Monday, 16 July 2012
Troubled printer Bluepoint Cambridge has sold its digital division to commercial and book specialist Berforts Information Press.
The acquisition was confirmed by Berforts press sales and marketing manager Dale Burgess who said that the company had taken over the goodwill of BPC Digital, which has around 15 staff.
All staff from BPC Digital are expected to be transferred over to the new company.
Companies House records show that an application to register Cambridge Digital Press at Bluepoint Cambridge’s current address was filed on the 13 July. Berforts directors Michael Godfrey and Gerald White are named in the application as directors of the new company.
Bluepoint Cambridge filed a notice of intent to appoint administrators on 5 July and bailiffs repossessed its Foxton site after being appointed by the building’s landlord.
Another new company, called Blueprint Cambridge, was registered at the company’s Foxton site on 9 July, with the directors named as David Arnold, currently a director at BPC, and Karin Lehman.
The Foxton facility was the former home of Burlington Press (Cambridge) before it was bought out of administration on 6 April 2009 by the BPC Group and renamed Bluepoint.
Brimflex, another company connected to the BPC Group and managing director Jim Gilmour that has undergone several name changes over the past three years, has been hit with a winding-up petition, filed by Kodak on 29 June and due to be heard on 18 July.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London